ROLLRIGHT PARISH COUNCIL

MONTHLY MEETING MONDAY, 13th MARCH, 2017

MINUTES

Present: Gareth Bartlett: Duncan Midwood: Gavin Southwell: Roz Wiley (Chair):

                    Janet Wilkinson

Hilary Biles (OCC Councillor): Sue Glasson (Parish Clerk)

Members of the general public

1. APOLOGIES

None

2. MINUTES OF THE FEBRUARY MEETING

These were approved without amendment.

3. MATTERS ARISING

Highways: a couple of things are still outstanding with Highways -

the pot-hole outside the Village Hall, although an email today said

that it had been done but it hasn't and making the entrance to Fletcher's

Field safer. Hilary said she would follow up these two things.        Hilary

One Oxfordshire: Roz and Janet attended a meeting in Witney on this

topic and were given a copious amount of paperwork which is available

to anyone who would like to read it.

4. ROLLRIGHT PLANE CRASH MEMORIAL

Plans are well in hand for this event.

5. ROLLRIGHT REVIEW EDITOR

The Parish Council has been awarded £419 from NALC to purchase

a computer. Gareth will be taking over as Editor after the plane crash

memorial and in the meantime he will look for a new computer.

6/17

6 THE UNICORN

High winds caused damage to the guttering and roof guards. WODC

came out the same day it was reported to investigate. We have not

heard the outcome of this site visit.

Gavin has requested that the Clerk should write to WODC to enquire

how the maintenance of the building eg the broken guttering, is being

funded. Sue

7. FOOTPATH

It seems that Mrs Chapman wishes to prevent dog walkers going

through the woods and through other open areas of the field. She has

erected posts and barbed wire around the field and around some of the

woodland. The Council has opted to apply for a modification of the

Definitive Map and Statement on the basis that many dog walkers have

used the paths for more than twenty years. 20 years is the minimum amount

of time permitted to apply for this kind of change. The Clerk will make this

application. The guidance notes indicate that it may be 10 years before the application is considered.       Sue

8. CHILDREN'S PLAYGROUND

Nothing to report.

9. VILLAGE HALL

The guttering is to be repaired.

The floor needs to be replaced and work for this is in hand.

10. JUBILEE FIELD

Nothing to report

11. FINANCIAL POSITION

There is £8174 in the High Rise Account, £668 in the Current Account

and £502 in the Playground Account.

Financial transactions over £100:

Clerk's monthly salary £190.

7/17

12. ANY OTHER BUSINESS

Gavin mentioned that we have not seen the retrospective

planning order on the new road which Mrs Chapman built last year.

The Clerk will follow up. Sue

Concern was expressed over a 16 year old birthday party held at the

Village Hall last week, which became noisy and aggressive and

there was alcohol when there should have been none. It was agreed that it is

hard to police such events and not desirable to ban them altogether.

NEW ARRIVALS IN THE VILLAGE

None that the PC is aware of.

NEXT MEETING: 10th April, 2017, 7.30pm.